Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Maybe tomorrow...



The shovelhead has looked like this since July. I haven't messed with it for one reason or another, busy with kids' stuff or busy doing martial arts stuff or something. I finally had a full Saturday of nothing to do. Wound up doing nothing on it. I straightened some garage messes that made bigger messes, then straightened those. I even went to the gym and did some BJJ rolling to clear my head for a bit. I just can't quite figure out the cause of the leak or how to fix it. The bike was running so strong and kick starting so perfectly. The nasty leak is just sickening. Is there an oil blockage somewhere? Do I just seal the space to the crank better and see what happens? Do I swap the breather timing back to the marks even though the degree wheel showed it needed moved one tooth? Different oil filter maybe? I don't even want to think about the condition of the carb at this point from sitting so long. The petcock needs pulled and the screen inspected, because it doesn't do reserve well and the tanks have a history of clogging it. The exhaust pipe needs a bracket, too. Maybe I'll work on it tomorrow. Yeah, suck it up and try something on it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment