Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Melted Rainsuit / Riding Suit Patch

So I got this great deal on second hand First Gear Thermal One-piece suit and the first time I were it out of town I melt leg on the exhaust pipe. It must of happened when I was stretching my legs or something. The material is not as heat resistant and the HT Overpants. So I had read about this fix. I figured it was worth a shot.

Here's my hole.


I didn't use an ironing board cover, but the lady at the fabric store said this was the material used to make the covers. So I cut a piece big enough cover the hole with enough extra to make a hem on the patch too.


Here's the Stitch Witchery. I bought the widest kind to stick the patch on with.


I should have bough some narrower stuff to make my patch hems. I folded a piece of stitch witch in between.


Wet wash cloth and iron.


Four times and my patch is ready.


I cut off the crusty melted parts around the hole to keep things smooth.


Put the patch in place.


Stitch witch under the first edge and iron that on.


Lay out the rest and iron it on.


This corner was loose so I cut a little to use on it.


Good to go. We'll see how that holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment