Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Found my intake leak

It became pretty obvious that my 1500 Vulcan Classic had an intake leak. So I bought two new intake o-rings and got to work. I figured I would look at the rubber intake manifold for cracks. I found something alright. Do you see the tab on the bottom of the intake manifold.

Well, it actually looked like this when I pulled everything apart. I totally blame the last mechanic that pulled that carburetor off. That guys screws up so much of my stuff. I guess I need to be more careful next time.

Luckily Nate "Okie Smoke" had a spare intake manifold in his stash. It only took two trips to his storage unit, a bunch of digging, and most of a Sunday afternoon to find it. I also got set of stock shocks for my 1500 from him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment