Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sidestand Switch and Starting on a Vulcan 1500

I am so freaking tired of everyone saying check for a dirty sidestand switch when a 1500 won't start. That switch in connected to the run circuit not the start circuit on the 1500's.
http://tearitupfixitrepeat.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-your-1500-vulcan-wont-start.html

I goofed a bit and said neutral switch when I meant sidestand switch, but I corrected it in my video.

6 comments:

  1. JP, close, but the bike needs the circuit to turn over. It's not an either/or. If the bike's in neutral, the bike will turn over. If the bike's in gear, there must be a ground from the kickstand switch and the clutch switch to start. The kickstand ground is also tied to the run circuit.
    This is why you can start a carb'ed Classic/Nomad with a Dyna 2000 installed that ISN'T spliced into the harness with the kickstand down AND the clutch out AND in gear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't comment on aftermarket ignition boxes and how they work or don't work. This is the stock ignition box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my bike won't start at all won't get juice to the starter or switch the battery is good the turn on switch still no juice like a dead battery any ideas. No lights

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was doing same n I slammed the kick real hard in down position n my power came back on but it's going dead every little while when riding

      Delete
  4. Sorry I hadn't seem your comment. Start with the main fuse and ignition switch.

    http://tearitupfixitrepeat.blogspot.com/2012/07/kawasaki-vulcan-1500-1600-main-fuse.html

    http://tearitupfixitrepeat.blogspot.com/2010/08/if-your-1500-vulcan-wont-start.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bike was shutting off n back on going down the road n all I did was bypass my safety switch on kick why does it still shut off

    ReplyDelete