Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shovelhead Crankcase Before and After

Here's the crankcase bore before the big bore work. I measured it to 3.685 inches just for reference to compare to the big bore diameter.


Here's the crankcase with the big bore machine work completed and the stroker wheels and rods installed.


Note the extra oil passages at the base of the cylinders.



The "I" portion of the rod is opposite that of the stock rods. I believe there is more rod clearance between the cylinders, but I should have gotten a before picture.


Note the extra rod clearance to the front of front and rear of the rear.



I measured the new bore to be 3.855 inches.

1 comment:

  1. As I make my way to the exit, I hope you'll realize with every step I take, that the pain is tearing me apart. See the link below for more info.

    #tearing
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete