Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Chuckster's Risers

I know at some point I will be doing 12 inch apes on this 1500, but I really don't want to put the time and money into it for this season. I was hoping to keep the bars stock for now, but they're just too low to be comfortable. Back in the day, I ran stock bars and 4X1 Harley risers. The centers are 3.5 inches, so HD risers work on a Vulcan, but you need adapters or drilling out the top tree to 1/2 inch.

I want to keep stock risers and the one-piece top I bought to hold my voltmeter. So I got a set of Chuckster's riser extensions for this season. This is an easy job, but I figured I would show it anyway.

This is what you get.


Cover the tank and get to work.


To start with, get the nut loosened under the top tree. If you take the bars out of the clamps first, you can't keep the bolt from spinning.


Pop off the beauty covers.


Take out the clamp bolts.


Take off the bottom of the clamps.


Here's the bottom clamp with the extension and new bolt.


Put them on and start the nuts under the tree.


Put the top clamp on temporarily.


Torque the nuts under the tree.


Torque the top bolts and install the nifty caps, then ride all day in comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment