Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Finishing the back end

Okay, we got a painted fender, thanks to Panhead Pat, rattlecan extraordinaire. I used this, http://www.zero-rust.com/ I like it. Looks like a semi flat primer, but holds out moisture.



Run the taillight wires.


Yep, too short, but I knew that.


Cut the wires between the clips and add 18 inch extensions.


The red, black, and green are the same for both lights, so I'll wire them together and I have the correct colors.


Glad I have an 18 inch ruler to measure with.


Orange and yellow are turnsignals. I didn't have the colors on hand, so white and blue will do. Just so I will know they are different and test them to check that the side is correct.


The wrap keeps falling out of the back of the light so a zip-tye had to be used to keep it in place.


Perfect.


Cover the rest of the new wires.


Ready to go again.

Time to mount the fender.


Feed wire through a grommet.


You have to be kidding me! The license plate holes on my taillight bracket are too narrow for my tag! I can fix that, but crap.


Fender on the bike.



Now to fix this tag holder. The whole light set-up has to come off the bike, the all together wiring(that I was so proud of) means I have to work around the lights and wires.

Getting there.


Clean it up.


Good to go.


Wired up, kind of a mess, but I'm tuck it in after I get a new battery, because this one just quit on me.


On to mounting the bag.


Behind the strut and the bolt goes through a hole.


The back bolt needs a new hole.


All bolted up.

Get this flap out of the way.


That should protect the back of the bag, too.


A few more zip-tyes and the bag and fender are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment