Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

A good day

It was a nice sunny and amazing calm day, so I had to make the most of it. I prepping all my bikes for the bike show next month. So I washed the shovelhead so I could use some rubbing compound later this week to get the gas marks out of the paint. I still don't have the pipes back from cermanic coat, but that helped me clean up the oil from leaking pushrod tubes. Hopefully the new quadseals will do better.


Bierkan helped a bit and we washed the Trail 90, too. It was very dusty from sitting still for a couple of years. The stickers for it are ordered and they should be here in a few days.


We put those bikes away and jumped on the Vulcans ran up to Guthrie.


Here's a marker for the depot. There's a ton of these in "Historic" Guthrie. "Historic" is generally code talk for nothing has happened here for like 50 years.


This is an interesting building.


The clouds were beautiful today.

I didn't get any more pictures, but I showed Bierkan, Jelsma Field and the Scottish Rite Temple too.

The bar in Guthrie that Tom Mix used to work in is closed down, so we had some coffee at a little coffee house and we headed home. The swapmeet is tomorrow, I don't really need anything, but I always go if I have blowing money.

No comments:

Post a Comment