Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Boys and their toys

I have be wanting a new old honda for my boy(s) and me for while now. The old mini-bikes are cooler than new stuff and can be titled and street-legal. I would really love to find to good mini-trail 50, but they are rare and a nice one is too valueable to let a kid tear up, I mean enjoy.

This is what I got. Proof-postive that a good photographer can make anything look great.


The boys approve, but there's a lot of little things it needs to be a runner.


A coat hanger is holding the front fender and horn on. Really are bolts that hard to find?



Yep, fork stop is broken from lots of crashing. I'll have a friend weld up a new heavier tab on the neck.


Dump the fender for now.


This is how you take apart a seized up quick release handlebar bolt; twist with a channel lock until it breaks. I should have held off on this one, but I was trying to figure out the throttle cable stuff. I'll be drilling out the left overs later.


This seat pan is too far gone to save. Bummer.


Mismatched hardware on the busted headlight bucket.


Get this out of the way, too.


The tank is in here somewhere and coil should be under that.


Two bolts and rubber grommet hold the cover on.


The tank.

Wow! Easily the most phallic motorcycle part I have ever seen.


This was under the tank inside the body. I don't think it came from the Honda factory.


This is a problem, too. I think it's just the shocks and not the mounts hopefully. I'm hoping to find shorter ones anyway.


Dump this nasty chain, it's only in the way.


This cover is cracked, but that shouldn't matter. That stripped screw head is a problem though. It has to come out to put the new sprocket on and/or replace the cover. This has EZ out and/or helicoil written all over it.

Ugly, but shouldn't affect anything right off.
Parts from the tear down.
Uglier than when I started, but you have to break a few eggs to make breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment