Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Knuckle Kicker

This cool knuckle kick pedal came with my shovelhead. I generally don't play up to the hard ass biker image, but this pedal is cool and came with my parts. It was attached to a offset stroker kick arm that always seemed be in the way. The end of the axle was pretty much worn out when I got it and it gave out and wouldn't hold anymore.
See the metal that was pushed off the end. I hammered it over to get a few more kicks, but it was done.

The bolt broke off in the stroker arm when I went to take it apart to fix it. Houston Chadd sent me this pedal and arm and I have been running it for almost a year. The shorter arm and has worked great and stayed out of the way, but I really want to get the knuckle pedal back on, and keep the smaller arm.


The rubber on the pedal was looking rough and ...

Mike Kennedy gave me this new pedal, so I figured I could use it while I got the axle from Chadd's pedal reworked to take the knuckle pedal.


Cut the rubber off the old pedal, it was bad already, right?

This is what's under the rubber.
It could work with some help.


Cut off the rest.



This is where things got wierd. The new pedal wouldn't fit the short arm, but the worn out axle from the knuckle pedal would. Go figure.


I sanded off the metal lip.



Like a glove...

Back in business. I tested it and everything works. I thought a kick pedal was kick pedal and everything would interchange, but obviously not. It was the long way around to an easy fix, but it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment