Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2014

Shovelhead Rattlecan Repaint Part - Screw it. I'm done

I'm the reason I can't have nice things. Walking the tanks to bike for the final install and I chipped the paint on the left tank on an open tool box drawer. I hate paint. Nothing good ever happens to it.


Tanks on, on to covering up the ugly around the gas cap holes. I got chrome "paint saver" rings with my used tanks. I had them powdercoated gloss black.


I think this stuff should stick them done alright. If this isn't sticky enough at least the rings will be captured by the caps.


A little goop on the tanks and some on the rings and let it tack up a bit, then install the rings. Good enough to get this pig on the road again.


No comments:

Post a Comment