Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Monday, September 29, 2014

Shovelhead Rear End Re-do. Part 4: New chain and swap a rear brake line

I got the correct size tire on and adjusted the chain for the new 46 sprocket. The adjustment was pretty huge.


And the chain is junk, too.

The wheel moved back so far that my swingarm converted to rigid caliper bracket won't work either.


Time for a new chain and a reset. Bring the axle almost all the way forward. I don't want to go all the way because I may end up with the 48 back in it.


The brake stay and caliper all work together again.


New chain.


Throw it on and see how much I don't need.


Break it.


Looking good. Add the master link.


Wow! Really? The rear brake line doesn't fit now? That doesn't make a lick of sense.


I have two lines with a pressure switch in between, so I could change the long piece or the short piece. I think this line from my spare parts bin is a bit longer than the long piece that I'm running.


I didn't know for sure until I took it off the bike, but luckily it's just long enough to work well.


Success. I need to fill and bleed the system and ziptie the floppy parts of the line to the frame.


I got a new front tire on it today, too. I need to verify my axle and chain alignment and torque and pin the rear axle nut and the rear end refresh will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment