Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Monday, October 6, 2014

Emergency Mylar Thermal Blankets

Preppers will tell you that you can do anything with these. Survival nuts say they aren't worth a darn. I keep one in my saddlebag(and a few in my four wheel vehicles, too).  I figure that I could lay on the hot asphalt if I had to, make shade if I needed to, or whatever. Then I actually used on of these riding across Illinois on Sunday. I was plenty geared up, but the cold wind was still getting to my chest. I just unfolded it, made a squarish wad of it, and shoved it inside the front of my jacket to cover up my chest. It helped a bunch. It was the first thing that had to come out when it finally warmed up 250 miles later in Missouri.

If had been riding with a buddy, I would have cut it in two and made more of a poncho out of each piece.

Comes packed this small.


Unpacks this huge, but probably doesn't repack very well.



Amazon has them in ten packs. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GCRWCG/ref=ox_ya_os_product_refresh_T1

No comments:

Post a Comment