Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

More on cables

Here's how you properly bend a throttle cable end from 90 deg to 135 deg. Off the bike, benchvise before the threaded part, and 3/8 socket and 3/8 breakover.


Worked great...


but I already broke the pull cable, so I ordered a new stock one to be bent, but the one that came in was wrong. Someone had repackaged a different cable in the package of the cable I needed. So the folks at the dealership helped me out with a set of used Nomad cables for free. The Nomad cables route differently and are actually like 6 over compared to the Classic's cable. I had to route them over the tree and can't decide if I like them or not, but free and working is a okay for now. I can get a stocker and bend it later, if I want to.

Also the clutch line is short. It's rideable for now, but it will need to be about 6 over when I buy my covered stainless lines. The front brake line is fine though.





I ran about twenty miles with the new bars and I like them. The ergo's with these 12 inch apes are about the same as the shovelhead with 16 inch apes. I haven't figured that out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment