Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Shovelhead 4 Speed Saga: Kicker Redux

My kicker broke on my first real shake down on this transmission and ignition. ugh.


Time to pop of the kicker cover and see what's up.


The starter gear is not coming out engaging with the starter clutch. Is the spring broken? I don't know, but the gear can't be moved my hand either.


There's a hickie on the plate. I think the crank gear stop was coming way too far over.


Uncrimp the tab washer.


Remove nut and tab washer.


Here's the problem that bushing is totally destroyed. I don't recall if it was Taiwan Ted or Drag Specialties, but the starter gear and clutch were brand new with less than one thousand kicks.


I probably should have dropped the coin on Baker's stuff, but hopefully someone might hook me up with some good OEM gears,


No comments:

Post a Comment