Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Genuine Harley-Davidson Bug Remover

This actually started as a joke on my Instagram feed. I saw these at a local HD Dealer and took a picture.

"What's the saddest part? These exist, these are almost sold out, or that the parts guy asked me, "what's a super E? " At least they still carry 50 weight. They used have it out on a shelf, now they look it up in a catalog to find the part number."


Well some how or another, a shovelhead friend decided to send me some with the help of his unknowing daughter. She's a shovelheader, too.


While I'm still not a paid endorser(I did get these for free), I need to check them out and do a review.



I don't really have fancy paint or a windshield that I would need to stop and wipe down, but my helmet and visor do get really nasty. I honestly don't know why you would use a special moist treated wipe if you still needed to start with a water hose. I figured I would see how they do without water on my helmet and visor.  I also don't have a Genuine Harley microfiber cloth or Genuine Harley Gloss, whatever that is.


I figured I would try this out on my crusty bugged helmet with no water. I did lay in on the bugs, and let it "soak" for a bit, before I starting wiping with it.  I am very pleasantly surprised with the results.


I used a clean dry bandana to swipe it down and there wasn't any issue with streaking on my vision. That's a big deal considering that a streaked up visor is worse than a bugged up visor riding at night.


There was still enough towel left to work over the van bumper, but there's probably no hope for that to look nice again.


No comments:

Post a Comment