Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Figuring out the clutch line

First thing to do is drain the DOT4 out of the clutch line and master cylinder. I used the mighty-vac.


On to the clutch master cylinder, of course one screw stripped and I had to EX-out in, but I was successful and I didn't damage the mc.


Take the banjo bolt out.


Here's my new AN3 banjo fitting. It's harley 3/8, but will fit the 10mm just fine with new washers.



Put the clutch control where I want it, then full lock right and measure the oversize needed. About 4 inches.



Clutch line routing.


Banjo off the slave cylinder.

Time to measure stock length.

67 inches.
So 67 + 4 = 71, so a 72 inch hose will work. Now the bad news that black covered hose I want to use only comes up to 54. I could use the nylon build a hose, but I don't like the look of the fittings and it's not DOT. I could get black pearl in 74, but I don't like it. So I will need two hoses with a junction under the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment