Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Left side bag for the Vulcan

Okay, I'm going to mount the other bag from a set of throwovers on the left side of my Vulcan like I did with the Shovelhead.(http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs023.snc4/33526_1423641063617_1010435000_31026508_2400855_n.jpg) This is a bit more tricky with swing arm frame. I started with a set of Kawasaki Fire and Steel bag supports. They should fit like this.


That's too far back especially if I want to cut down that rear fender. So let's move it forward. Like this.


Cut the tab off first.


Dress the edge a bit.


This hole is threaded, but need a through hole.


These holes don't like up, but I knew that already.


Black pipe persuation.


A little at a time and you're there.
This is good, but I need to buy bolts. I had some too long and too short.

Bag on. Doesn't look as cool as the rigid set-up, but that's the price for rear suspension. The bag support does keep the bag out of the shock and swing arm.




No comments:

Post a Comment