Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

Bigtwin Engine Breather Oil Collector Can

Okay, so this 93 inch shovelhead is misting a bit heavy, but it's not quite broke-in. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I'm hating leaving a mess in my garage floor.


So they sell these high dollar collectors, I can do it cheaper.

Start with the collector can.


Then a straight 1/4 pipe - 3/8 barb fitting, 90 deg 1/4 pipe to 1/4 barb fitting, oil donuts deals, and hoses.


I figure just under 1/2 inch hole and tapping won't be necessary with the thin lid.


I screwed things together and super glued the threads of the fittings in place, but I had to be careful not to glue the lid to the can.


Now hang it off the motor.


Seems to keep things clean and I can see if it gets full and empty it. It didn't even mist enough to turn it black yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment