Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

Breather gear one tooth adjustment

Yes, the oil misting out the crankcase is still giving all kinds of problems. I had heard about moving the breather gear by one tooth, but I wanted to know more about it. I asked S&S about it their on Facebook page. They were very helpful and initially told me their gears were timed to work correctly without an adjustment. A gentlemen named X-Glide Scott(I believe he works for S&S) chimed in and said the early ones were timed differently. The late ones have a "T" mark earlier ones have a line. Thinking that I had an earlier one from that description, I asked for pictures of the later ones and where the mark lines up with the screen. Again the folks at S&S were very helpful and showed me these pictures of their breather gears.




Even with all my picture taking I do, I didn't have a picture of my breather gear to compare against the S&S pictures. So I pulled the pushrods, ignition, camcover, and then the breather gear. Worth the effort, my screen doesn't line up with the timing mark like the S&S late model breather gears.


This is the "normal" line up.


I need the screen to line up with mark on the cam so one tooth counterclockwise.


It seemed to better, but ....


still misting.

No comments:

Post a Comment