Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 7, 2014

Shovelhead Rattlecan Repaint Part 5 - Stripes


Sheet on the kitchen table and now to get at it.


Beugler pinstripe tool and silver OneShot. Go watch some youtube videos at about it, because I can't really explain it that well.


Things were messier and more stressful than I remember from the last time. I think the trick is just barely getting that wheel wet and let the surface tension hold back the flow. Once my wife got going it was smooth sailing.


A little touch up here and there.


See the practice piece of plastic and the mineral spirits. If you have good clearcoat you can erase a stripe with the mineral spirits and start over if needed.



Good to show. I'll need to pull these off again do some clear over everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment