Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2014

New Tank Bib - Part 3

This needs to be finished.

Black dye it.


Both sides.


After it all dried, then I used Satin Shene on it, but Joker tells me I shouldn't use that. Some black came off when the shene went on.


The leather was really stiff so I figured why not try some Lexol on it, too.


This is disappointing, it was so stiff and cracked in a couple places. But the Lexol seemed to help.


Now to lace it up. I used this video to learn how. http://youtu.be/KPY-T6yOSLo


A little bit of time and there you go. Once you get started it's pretty easy and fun.


Another mock-up.


Now to the second goal of this project. I had a friend give me this pin quite a while back. I haven't been able to run it anywhere and I wanted to put it on a nice tank bib. I did a practice attachment on a scrap.


I have these deals, too.


I need something like this on my nice bib.


Mark it.





Punch it.


Looking good, but...


I need to "countersink" the holes to get the pin flush.


This transfer punch was about the right size.


A little work and it fits good.


Loctite the tiny set screws.


Ready to go.


Perfect, or at least good enough for my bike.


No comments:

Post a Comment