Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Friday, August 5, 2011

Fixing powdercoated bars

The vulcan bars are slipping a bit. I have had similar problems with powdercoated bars before. I should have used knurled bars or at least bars that weren't squared off because the last guy tried to 7/8 clamps on a 1 inch bars, but no matter.



First cover the tank.



Mark the bar so I know where I want them.



Take off the top clamp.


The powder has ground off a bit and is basically lubricated the clamp and bar joint.



Rough up everything with some sandpaper.





Clean everything with alcohol.


Somewhere between red loctite and JB weld is green loctite.


I just put a bit of this on all the high spots, i.e. the shiny spots.



Clamp and torque. If that doesn't work I'll have to get a new knurled set of bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment