Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Mid-West Mini-Fest Wednesday - First Leg Out

The first leg of the trip was mostly uneventful. Just burnt up the interstate after work to my aunt's house in Springfield, MO.

This is how you get the most out of a 4.2 gallon tank. I'm always a bit braver with my spare quart of gas on my frame rail, but I was drafting a bit to make it to the end of the tollway.


So here's my hot weather tip of the day courtesy of Scott "Hotsauce" Sprankle. Drink a V8 instead of a Gatorade to get electrolytes back.


Here's the breakdown.
32oz Gatorade has 400mg Sodium, 113mg Potassium, 200 Calories, 0g Fiber, 0g Protein.
12oz V8 Spicy has 980mg Sodium, 700mg Potassium, 70 Calories, 3g Fiber, 3g Protein.



The V8 was not as awful to drink as I was expecting either. It's still about like drinking tomato soup, more than good salsa, but by the end of the trip, I had developed a taste for the stuff. The Gatorade might hydrate you more, but running my camel pack full of water between stops should work just fine.

I noticed a light film of oil all down the left side of my bike. Somewhere along the way, I lost my crankcase breather. Had used the stock(filmsier) bit of hose to hold my filter, because I couldn't get the stiffer 3/8 inch hose I had to fit over the tube. It didn't quite work out for me.


1 comment:

  1. That Spicy V-8 also mixes well with Killian's Irish Red for a Poor Man's Bloody Mary :-)

    ReplyDelete