Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Braking down wire wheels

This is the front wheel before I started. I mostly took this picture for future reference.




Measure the offset and take some notes. Front Wheel, rim letters on the hub side, under spokes go left, over spokes go right, offset is 0.400 hub higher than the rim. Disk side, under spokes go left, over spokes go right, offset is 0.500 disk mount higher than the rim.





I thought that marking the unders would help me rebuild the wheel, because the over and unders( I know it's supposed to be inner and out, but over and under is easier for me.) are different lengths. Turns out the marks don't matter because I'm not taking the spokes out of the hubs.



Now take it apart. Use the spoke wrench that came with the bike.

Once they are broken loose, you can also use a #3 Phillips screwdriver.
All done with front.
Now the rear. Offset is 0.025 under rim on drive side and dead flush with the middle flange on the disk side.
Rear's a part.
The rear's on the left and the front's on the right.
Now the powder coater has them.

No comments:

Post a Comment