Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2012

OKC Veterans' Day Run to the Capitol 2012

This year the run started a VA Hospital instead of the Skyline Cafe. The turnout was sparse compared to the same run in 2011. I'm not sure if it was rainy cold weather, lack of publicity, or confusion on which day, the holiday on Sunday the 11th or the observed holiday of Monday the 12th. It does really matter to me I do this run every time I possibly can. I even had a little incident earlier in the day that couldn't stop me.


Up to the Veterans' Memorial at the Capitol complex.




The view from the memorial to the capitol building.


Getting started.




Representatives of the Paralyzed Veterans of America did a lot the ceremony.


The invocation.


Presentation of colors.






Representative Gary W. Banz of Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 101 was the keynote speaker.





American Legion Riders Representative.




A check presented to the Wounded Warrior Project.


Benediction.


No comments:

Post a Comment