Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Headlight wiring


I am back at the wiring. Time to connect the headlight to the handlebar switch.


I use a little rosin on the wire, then light crimp, then solder. My alligator clip holder works here as well as doing straight connections.


A little shrink wrap on the connectors and some where the wires come out of the bars.


There's not enough room for my usual Dorman 85612 connectors so I will have to go with a male spade terminal on the headlight wires. And yes, I did solder on a foot of wire to these leads last time, just used like two inches of the new wire.


This is exactly why I use those covered double male connectors. Just look at all that metal showing.


Connect and cover the metal with electrical tape.


Hide everything with spiral wrap.


I am getting happier about how this is coming along.


Looking fairly clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment