Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2017

more wires

Yeah, so, that great idea about using Kawasaki controls, because the brake light switches were so good? Well, the switch I had was bad so I had to buy one from ebay and it came with two.


I did a quick ohm check and this one works okay.


I installed it at the master cylinder to orange wires and it still worked okay. So that's a good sign.


The other nice thing about these connectors that I use is that they can be easily labeled.


Cut, strip, rosin.


Crimp and solder.


Shrink wrap and plug them in.


Now the engine cut off switch connections. These connections also allow me to bypass a bad switch on the side of the road.


The green wires go to the engine cut off switch.


All done up and connected.


One wire from the horn switch.


The horn button actually feeds a ground to the horn. So the other side of the horn button goes to the ground junction. Also, the ground for the voltmeter will connect there as well. I need a small gauge spade connector to finish voltmeter though.

No comments:

Post a Comment