Search

Search all blog posts here.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

Battery Tray(Not motorcycle related)

I promise to get back to important stuff like motorcycles as soon as I get the parts I need to fix some stuff.

At any rate, this how my battery storage looks. What a mess.


So I decide to make a rack out of foam block similar to my scissor holder.

A little layout and planning.


Hand drilling doesn't work. The bit walks around and makes a mess. I tried just shoving the batteries in the block and that was worse.







A hacksaw cuts this stuff pretty well.




To the drill press. It seems to work okay.




Looking about right.




I still need one for the D-cells. I thought the foam would be easy and quick to work with, but if I did this over again I would use an oak or maple block. Wood is actually easier to work with. It would be heavier, but hold up better too.





No comments:

Post a Comment