Big Jim hooked me up with some pushrod tube seals guaranteed not to leak.
Something like this.
Pushrods. Front exhaust is longest, rear exhaust is next longest, both intakes are same short ones.
Middle seal here.
First pushrod goes in.
I forgot to put the rockerbox lines in. This is the top one. It's easier to put on with the heads, but too late for that now.
Long one read to go.
Fill the take with 60wt.
Kick 'er through.
Better make sure the pump hasn't air locked.
Pull the check ball spring.
Watch it fill with oil.
I had to pull the oil line again and kick to make sure it was pumping okay.
Now I got all the pushrods in and adjusted.
Here's my special keeper installation tool. A large cheap smooth screwdriver.
Push down, slide over.
Front two pushrods went in great, but the rear cylinder pushrods were giving me fits. But those problems were easier to spot.
I left an old seal in the rear intake side, and
the rear exhaust tube didn't fit into the newer tappet blocks.
I pulled the push rods swapped the tube and got rid of the extra seal, and everything fit.
Everything is together now.
On to the exhaust, I have to enlarge a gasket hole for the oversized rear head bolt.
I'm trying the evo gasket trick this time instead of silicon. We'll see how it goes.
It's a stretch for sure.
Both pipes on.
Last hanger bolt.
Clutch needs to go back on.
The carb and sparkplugs are next. Almost there.